Carman (Little Rock, AR)
|Location:||Little Rock, AR , AR|
|Salary Range:||Commensurate with Experience|
|Benefits:||Excellent benefits include matching 401k with immediate vesting, BCBS Medical/Dental, paid Vacation and Holidays|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Progress Rail Services Corporation, a Caterpillar Company and a leading provider of services to the Railroad industry in the US, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil, has an immediate opening for a Carman position (Mechanical Inspection and Repair of Railcars) at our Little Rock, AR, Locomotive Servicing facility.
- Inspection and repair of railcars in accordance with FRA and AAR requirements. On-the-job training provided.
- Repairs include removal, fabrication, and replacement of railcar parts and components.
- Provide support in all areas of ramp and RIP operations.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.
- Minimum of 6 months mechanical experience using small hand tools or formal training in a mechanical skills program or combination thereof.
- Locomotive Servicing Experience.
- Stick welding preferred but not required.
- Must have and maintain a valid Drivers License. CDL Class B license preferred.
- Must be available to work any shift assigned...day, nights, holidays or combination thereof.
Essential Job Functions:
- Physically demanding work and involves frequent bending, kneeling, stooping, lifting, climbing and walking on gravel and other uneven surfaces.
- Must work outside in all types of weather conditions (rain, sleet, snow, wind, dust, extreme heat/cold).
- Ability to read precision gauges and instruments.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical maintenance manuals. Ability to perform related mechanical inspections and repairs.
Please apply online, applications not accepted at the facility.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Vets/Disabled
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.