Plant Manager - Sherman,TX
|Salary Range:||Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.|
|Benefits:||Progress Rail Services offers great benefits package, including Low-Cost BC/BS Medical Plan, Dental Plan, a Rx/Prescription Plan, a 401(k) Plan with Company-Matching, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Life Insurance and other noteworthy benefits are available.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Progress Rail Services Corporation, a Caterpillar Company and a leading provider of services to the Railroad industry in the US, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil, seeks a Plant Manager for their Sherman, Texas Engineering & Track Services facility.
- Overall management of railroad Trackwork facility and various shifts.
- Supervision of management staff including Production Manager, QA Manager, EHS Manager, HR Manager, Purchasing Supervisor, and administrative support staff.
- Manpower includes hourly employees such as CNC Machinist, Machine Operators, Mechanics and Rail Track Assemblers.
- Ability to resolve employee and customer issues through the responsible direct report.
- Experience assessing production priorities/issues and adjusting resources to maintain customer delivery requirements
- Manage multitple customer requirements
- On-time, on budget delivery of finished product.
- Ability to effectively utilize resources
- Minimum 10 years heavy industrial management experience in a steel maunufacturing environment such as rail track, heavy equipment, pumps/valves etc.
- Bachelors Degree in Operations and/or Industrial Management. Engineering preferred.
- Proven leadership and communication skills
- Experience in estimating, developing and budgeting compliance both labor and materials.
- Engaging personality with good verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees and customers.
- Proficient with PC applications including Microsoft Office.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.