Machine Operator I
|Salary Range:||$12.50-$13.50 PER HOUR|
|Benefits:||Progress Rail Services offers a competitive benefits package including BC/BS Medical, Dental and Rx, 401k with Company Match, Paid Vacation & Holidays, Life Insurance and other benefits available.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Progress Rail Services Corporation, a Caterpillar Company, and a leading provider of products and services for the railroad industry in the US, Canada, Mexico and Brazil, is seeking a Machine Operator for our Louisville, KY Wheel Division.
Must be able to work any shift, overtime and some weekends to meet business demands. Industrial Machine Operator or Machinist experience would be helpful. This is floater position, employee will be trained on several different machines to cover vacations, etc.
- Using measuring devices (i.e. gages, callipers).
- Follow all work procedures and maintain accurate documentation accordingly. Abide by all safety regulations.
- Operate overhead cranes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to pass a post-offer criminal history review of convictions, including misdemeanors and felonies.
- Unable to consider applicants on probation, parole or diversion program.
- Must be able to pass a post-offer drug test and fitness-for-duty medical review.
- Must have complete understanding of safe work practices.
- Basic shop math/High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read micrometers and work to tight tolerances.
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to complete production reports with accuracy.
- Must be quality oriented and a team player.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Computer skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Flexibility in shift and schedule and good attendance record.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.