Human Resources Assistant
|Salary Range:||Commensurate with experience|
|Benefits:||Progress Rail Services offers a great benefits package including low-cost BC/BS Medical and Dental Plan, Rx/Prescription Plan, 401(k) Plan with Company Match, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Life Insurance and other noteworthy benefits.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Progress Rail Manufacturing Corporation (PRMC), a subsidiary of Progress Rail Services Corporation (PRSC) - a Caterpillar company - and leading provider of products and services for the railroad industry in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Europe, seeks a Human Resources Assistant I
for our Bill, Wyoming Freight Car shop.
Process, verify, and maintain personnel related documentation, including staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, classifications, and employee leaves of absence.
- Explain company personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees or job applicants.
- Record data for each employee, including such information as addresses, weekly earnings, absences, amount of sales or production, supervisory reports on performance, and dates of and reasons for terminations.
- Gather personnel records from other departments or employees.
- Examine employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions.
- Answer questions regarding examinations, eligibility, salaries, benefits, and other pertinent information.
- Compile and prepare reports and documents pertaining to personnel activities.
- Request information from law enforcement officials, previous employers, and other references to determine applicants' employment acceptability.
- Process and review employment applications to evaluate qualifications or eligibility of applicants.
- Arrange for advertising or posting of job vacancies, and notify eligible workers of position availability.
Additional Abilities and Skills:
|Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.|
|Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.|
|Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.|
|Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.|
|Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.|
|Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.|
Associates Degree in HR, Office Administration or related field preferred will substitute degree for work experience in a 1:1 ratio.
Proven interpersonal and communications skills
Detail-oriented / sense of urgency / follow-through
Ability to work independently and with confidentiality
Preferred PHR, or SPHR
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Committed to a Drug Free Workplace
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.