Production Supervisor (Parsons, KS)
|Benefits:||Progress Rail Services offers a competitive benefits package including BC/BS Medical, Dental & Rx, 401k with Company Match, Paid Vacation & Holidays, Life Insurance and other benefits available|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Progress Rail Services Corporation, a Caterpillar Company and a leading provider of services to the Railroad industry in the US, Canada, Mexico and Brazil, has an immediate opening for a Production Superviser at our Parsons, KS facility.
- Oversee day-to-day production operations in a fast-paced environment
- Directly supervise and provide training to employees to achieve goals
- Will work to continuously improve quality and safety
- Oversee orderly maintenance and housekeeping
- Handle scheduling of production personnel as well as switch personnel to allocate manpower and ensure on-time delivery is achieved
- Works with customers, Local Railroad personnel, and industrial park representatives and others as required
- Reports directly to Area Manager
- Mechanically inclined
- Knowledge and Understanding of rail car repair
- Ability to read and interpret work orders and have knowlede of AAR rules and regulations.
- Ability to train employees in proper repair, quality and safety procedures
- Good people skills, must be able to work and interact well with others
- Quick thinker, problem solving skills
- Detail-oriented/sense of urgency/follow-through required
- Ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail
- Must be able to work in inclimate weather such as extreme heat and cold.
- Minimum 2 years railcar repair supervisory experiience required
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.