Carman (Pensacola/Cantonment, FL)
|Salary Range:||Commensurate with Experience|
|Benefits:||Progress Rail Services offers great benefits package, including Low-Cost BC/BS Medical Plan, Dental Plan, a Rx/Prescription Plan, a 401(k) Plan with Company-Matching, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Life Insurance and other noteworthy benefits are available.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Progress Rail Services Corporation, a Caterpillar Company and a leading provider of services to the Railroad industry in the US, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil, has an immediate opening for a Carman position (Mechanical Inspection and Repair of Railcars) at our Cantonment, FL RIP Track (Repair in Place) location.
- Inspection and repair of railcars in accordance with FRA and AAR requirements. On-the-job training provided.
- Repairs include removal, fabrication, and replacement of railcar parts and components.
- Provide support in all areas of ramp and RIP operations.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.
- Minimum of 6 months mechanical experience using small hand tools or formal training in a mechanical skills program or combination thereof.
- Stick welding preferred but not required.
- Must have and maintain a valid Drivers License.
- Must be available to work any shift assigned...day, nights, holidays or combination thereof.
- Must be able to pass a criminal history review including misdemeanors and felonies.
- Unable to consider applicants on probation, parole or diversion progam.
- Must be able to pass drug test and Fitness-for-Duty Medical Review
Essential Job Functions:
- Physically demanding work and involves frequent bending, kneeling, stooping, lifting, climbing and walking on gravel and other uneven surfaces.
- Must work outside in all types of weather conditions (rain, sleet, snow, wind, dust, extreme heat/cold).
- Ability to read precision gauges and instruments.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical maintenance manuals. Ability to perform related mechanical inspections and repairs.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.