Maintenance Mechanic, Sherman
|Salary Range:||commensurate with experience|
|Benefits:||Low-Cost BC/BS Medical Plan, Dental Plan, a RX/Prescription Plan, a 401(k) Plan with company matching, Paid vacation and Holidays, Life Insurance and other noteworthy benefits are available|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Progress Rail Services Corporation, a Caterpillar company and leading supplier of parts and services for the railroad industry, is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic at the Sherman Trackworks plant located in Sherman, TX. This position is on our 1st shift Monday- Friday, with required overtime, "on-call" shifts and/ or schedule changes when needed by business demands.
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for:
- Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and making repairs to all shop equipment and machines.
- Electrical maintenance of PLC & CNC controls.
- Performing all preventive maintenance as scheduled
- Mechanical maintenance of PLC & CNC controlled machines.
- Fill out work orders correctly and completely
- Working with PLC & CNC controls.
- Trouble shoot and maintain complex hydraulic systems.
- Mechanical maintenance of CNC, hydraulic presses, cranes and mobile equipment.
- Electrical maintenance up to 480 volts.
- Reports to plant Maintenance Manager
The ideal candidate will posess a High School diploma or equivalent (GED). 2-5 years experience in Machine Shop, Industrial, Production and/or Heavy Equipment troubleshooting and repair is preferred. Required skill sets include STRONG ELECTRICAL BACKGROUND, working with mechanical and hydraulic systems and performing scheduled PM's.
Welding experience a plus.
Able to multitask and work with minimal supervision. Must be quality oriented and a team player. Must have complete understanding of safe work practices. Should be flexible during training period to work on various shifts if needed. Must be able to pass a post-offer criminal history review of convictions for the past seven (7) years, including misdemeanors and felonies. Unable to consider applicants on probation, parole or diversion program. Must be able to pass post-offer drug test and fitness-for-duty medical review.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
We Seek a Drug Free Workforce
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.