CNC Operator I (Lathe Operator) BWS
|Location:||East Chicago, IN|
|Salary Range:||$18.41/Commensurate w/experience|
|Benefits:||Progress Rail Services offers a competitive benefits package including BCBS Medical, Dental and Rx, 401k with Company Match, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Life Insurance, Flex Spending and Safety Incentives|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Progress Rail Services Corporation, a Caterpillar Company, and leading provider of products and services for the railroad industry in the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Europe, is seeking an experienced CNC Machinist (Lathe Operator) for second/third shift for our East Chicago, IN Locomotive Division facility.
The main function fo the CNC Machinist is to operate the CNC Machinery (Lathe) according to work instruction and specifications to machine locomotive parts. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operating overhead cranes
- Reading and understanding precision gauges and measuring instruments
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Other skills and experience requirements:
- CNC Machine Operator experience
- General knowledge of daily plant operations
- Ability to work in a self-directed, team based environment
- Must be able to read and write legibly and complete production reports with accuracy
- Strong attention to detail with ability to inspect material using measuring devices
- Ability to follow instructions and complete assignments efficiently and correctly
- Quality driven
- Uncompromising attention to safety and all safety policies
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Equal Opportunity Employer
A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.