Carman III, Alliance, NE (Freight Car Repair)
|Benefits:||Progress Rail Services offers great benefits package, including Low-Cost BC/BS Medical Plan, Dental Plan, a Rx/Prescription Plan, a 401(k) Plan with Company-Matching, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Life Insurance and other noteworthy benefits are available.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Progress Rail Services Corporation, a Caterpillar Company and a leading provider of services to the Railroad industry in the US, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil, has an openings for Carman III at our Repair facility located in Alliance, NE.
- Repair, rebuild and service railroad freight cars. This is accomplished through the use of hand tools, power tools, cutting torches and welding equipment. Work is of a physical nature and involves kneeling, bending and stooping.
- Repair Rolling Stock Structural Components. Fasten and assemble car parts by riveting, bolting, welding, and other methods.
- Remove and Replace Defective Appliances and Components. Remove and replace defective components on rolling stock (trucks, shoes, coupler assemblies, air brake systems).
- Work With Shop Machines and Tools. Safely and effectively operate the following; acetylene torches, non-power tools (pliers, wrenches, hammers), power tools (drills, power saws, grinders); electric and gas welding equipment.
- Practice Safe Work Habits. Understand and follow company and industry safety rules, practices, and procedures, wear prescribed safety apparel; take appropriate action when conditions threaten safety of self or coworkers; ensure equipment and work area are in safe operating condition before starting work.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to pass a post offer 7 year criminal history review including misdemeanors and felonies.
- Unable to consider applicants on probation, parole or diversion program.
- Must be able to pass a post offer drug test and fitness for duty medical review.
- Must have complete understanding of safe work practices.
- Basic shop math/High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read micrometers and work to tight tolerances.
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to read and write English legibly and complete production reports with accuracy.
- Must be quality oriented and a team player.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Computer skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Flexibility in shift and schedule and good attendance record.
Essential Job Functions:
- Physically demanding work and involves frequent bending, kneeling, stooping, lifting, climbing and walking on gravel and other uneven surfaces
- Must work outside in all types of weather conditions (rain, sleet, snow, wind, dust, extreme heat/cold)
- Ability to read precision gauges and instruments
- Ability to read and understand mechanical maintenance manuals
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
No phone calls, Please. Apply On Line --- Applications are Not accepted at the Facility.
We seek a Drug Free Work Force
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.